Unique Wedding Gift Ideas for the 2012 Wedding Season
It’s May, and wedding season is in full swing. If you have one or more weddings to attend this Summer, you’ve probably given more thought to what to wear than to your gift for the happy couple, so we’re here to help! We’ve combed the web to find 5 of today’s most unique and appreciated wedding gifts. Have you recently given (or received) a great wedding gift? Leave us a post about it so it gets added to our list!
- 12-Piece Ginsu Knife Set. According to Consumer Reports, in 2011 cooking knives were the #1 wedding gift, so if you’re looking for a sure hit with the bride and groom, this set might be the perfect choice. $84 on amazon.com.
- Engraved Chopsticks for Two ($45 on amazon.com). Talk about unique! Most couples register for flatware, but chopsticks? You’ll definitely get high marks for thoughtfulness and creativity. Depending on your budget, why not add a gift certificate for local Chinese take-out, or a wok for healthy home-cooked meals?
- Stemless Wineglasses ($20 for a set of 8 on crateandbarrel.com). Especially perfect for warm-weather brides and grooms, who may be entertaining outside, where stemless is a must-have. Stemless glasses are right on trend; they look great and are easy to hold.
- Create-a-Crock Slow Cooker from Crock Pot ($50). Are you kidding me? You can now create your own customized Crock Pot online. You can pick your pattern (9 available to choose from), upload 2 of your own photos, and 3-4 weeks later, you have your custom crock! Why not select photos of the newlyweds, and if budget permits, add a Crock Pot cookbook like Slow Cooker Revolution by The Editors at America’s Test Kitchens.
- While we’re on the subject of personalized gifts, no one does personalized quite like Hadley, and our Bride and Groom plate has been a favorite gift for generations. Every plate is hand made and hand painted to your specifications, and in May, 2012, all 3 wedding and anniversary plate designs are on sale. Regularly $100, this month you can purchase these beautiful 11″ plates for only $80 each. It’s a great opportunity to stock up for all of your Summer and Fall weddings!
Are you attending any weddings this Summer? If so, what will you be giving? What was your most memorable wedding gift?