10 Great Reasons to Send a (Handwritten) Thank You Note
Is there anything more pleasantly surprising than going to the mail box expecting bills, solicitations, and maybe (if you’re lucky) a catalog from a company you like, and finding a handwritten note? We think not. And if that note is a thank you for a kindness or gift, no matter how small, it can make your day or your week.
Haven’t gotten any gifts lately? Well, try these 10 reasons to send a thank you note on for size:
- Your best girlfriend takes the time to talk with you about an issue that’s been on your mind
- A co-worker (or group of them) organizes a celebration for your birthday, promotion, retirement, or accomplishment
- A friend from another city shows you around when you’re in town, or takes her lunch break to meet you for lunch, or invites you for a glass of wine or dinner at her home
- Another couple invites you to a dinner party
- A neighbor brings you something yummy from his garden
- Friends take you to the theater or a sporting event, or even give you their tickets when they can’t go
- A friend or colleague introduces you to a potential client, employer, or someone who might be able to help you in your career
- A service provider or small business owner creates an exceptional customer service experience for you
- A family member hosted the latest family holiday celebration in her home
- Someone dear to you goes out of his or her way to say something kind or complementary to you and makes your day
Do you have any other suggestions for when to send a thank you? Have you sent one recently? Tell us about it by posting a comment below…we’d love to hear from you!
If you’re looking for the perfect vehicle for your thank you note, look no further than hadleypottery.com, where you’ll find 2 brand new sets of Hadley Design Note Cards now available online. Choose from our Country Note Card Set (one each of the Hadley Chicken Cow, Horse, House, Lamb, and Pig cards) or Coastal Note Card Set (one each of our Beach Umbrella, Clipper Ship, Crab, Lighthouse, Lobster, Whale cards). Both 6-card sets are Hadley’s Item of the Month for May, and are on sale for only $8/set all month.
PLUS, for every note card set you purchase online in May, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win one of 3 copies of the beautiful hardcover book: The Art of the Handwritten Note: A Guide to Reclaiming Civilized Communication, by Margaret Shepherd.This book is part tribute and part rescue manual for those who love to write notes and those of us who wish we wrote more. Full of helpful hints for writing notes to capture the emotion of any occasion, The Art of the Handwritten Note might just provide the inspiration you need to form a new note-writing habit.
Be sure to take advantage of both the savings and the chance to win this great book in May!