What a weekend! Elizabeth, daughter of one of Hadley Pottery‘s owners, married Eric in a beautiful wedding that had hints of Hadley throughout.
From the bridesmaids dresses, which were a beautiful shade of blue reminiscent of Hadley Blue, to the customized Hadley votive cup wedding favors filled with candy, it was a stunning celebration of this darling young couple’s love.
One highlight from the reception for many of us was the moving serenade of the bride by the groom’s barbershop quartet (he’s second from the left in the video) with Smiling Through the Years (who doesn’t love a barbershop quartet???). And of course, the father-daughter dance!
Beautiful Hadley Pottery keepsake wedding favors filled with yummy candy
Personalized Hadley Pottery votive cups with initials of the bride and groom, Elizabeth and Eric
Bridesmaids wore a beautiful shade of blue…is it Hadley blue? We think so!
Bride Elizabeth dances with her dad, Andy, one of the owners of Hadley Pottery.
Have you ever wondered if the Hadley pattern you collect is…well, popular? If your taste in stoneware design is shared with the masses, or if you’ve got unique taste? Wonder no more…here are the top 10 Hadley Pottery patterns sold at hadleypottery.com in 2012.
Country was queen in 2012, with 7 of the top 10 hailing from the Hadley Country Collection…so many country patterns to choose from and to mix and match on the table!
How many of these scenes grace your dinner table? We’d love to know!
CONGRATULATIONS TO VALERIE C (who loves chocolate chip ice cream with big chips), THE WINNER OF OUR CHRISTMAS IN JULY GIVEAWAY, 4 cupcake plates + 4 ice cream bowls. Thanks to everyone who participated and a special thanks to Emily A. Clark and her wonderful blog!
Happy holidays! Well, not quite, but maybe even better, because the person getting gifts could be YOU. We’re thrilled to be a part of a special Christmas in July giveaway hosted by one of our very favorite home design bloggers, Emily A. Clark. She’s got links to lots of great giveaways over on her blog today, so be sure to check them out! And we just know you’ll love OUR giveaway best, because we’re giving away our 2 very very best selling items!
What You Can Win:
Perfect for the dog days of Summer, one lucky winner will win a set of 4 of our 6″ cupcake plates + 4 of our 4″ ice cream bowls (a $96 value). Perfectly sized for a treat on a hot day or for evening entertaining on the patio. Literally, these are our two hottest selling items! These great items are part of our Hadley Summer Sensations collection, which happens to be on sale for 15% off through 7/31.
(here are a few other things you’ll find in our Summer Sensations collection, in case you’re curious)
How You Can Win:
You have so many chances to win, it’s almost ridiculous!
- Leave a comment on this post with your favorite flavor of ice cream.
- Like us on Facebook and leave a comment that Emily sent you. Already a fan? No problem, just leave a comment about Emily and we’ll count it.
- Pin to win! Go to the Summer Sensations page on our website (did we mention that everything on the page is 15% off this month?) and pin the cupcake plate, or the ice cream bowl, or both to one of your pinterest boards. We’ll keep track of all of the pins of this page and enter you into the drawing for each one.
- Sign up for our email list by following this link. All new signups will be automatically registered! Already on our mailing list? Thanks…just leave a comment to that effect below and we’ll make sure you get an extra entry into the drawing.
Be sure you complete these steps by midnight on Friday, July 22. We’ll select our random winner on Monday, July 25 from all of our entries.
At Hadley Pottery, we take “Made in America” seriously. All of our stoneware is made by hand in our pottery in Louisville, KY, and always has been. Each unique piece is made from Indiana clay, and our paints and glazes are made on site from local materials, by American workers. In a time when fewer and fewer products are made here, we are exceptionally proud to remain an American brand made in the USA.
This Wednesday, July 4th, we’d like to celebrate our brand and our country with you by offering a FREE coaster celebrating our great nation with your online purchase of $50 or more. To take advantage of this offer, simply place an online order totaling $50 or more on www.hadleypottery.com on Wednesday, July 4th, 2012, and during checkout indicate which of our three uniquely American coasters you’d like in the box marked “Shipping Instructions.”
- “USA Dog” Coaster
- “God Bless America Bear” Coaster
- “Celebrate America Cat” Coaster
We’ll ship your free coaster out with your order. Offer applies to orders placed online on July 4th, 2012 only. Limit one free coaster per household. Cannot be combined with any other offers.
We are happy to be participating in the July 4th Link Party hosted by one of our favorites, Honey We’re Home blog. Check out tons of great July 4th features and giveaways on their Link Party post!
It’s May, and wedding season is in full swing. If you have one or more weddings to attend this Summer, you’ve probably given more thought to what to wear than to your gift for the happy couple, so we’re here to help! We’ve combed the web to find 5 of today’s most unique and appreciated wedding gifts. Have you recently given (or received) a great wedding gift? Leave us a post about it so it gets added to our list!
- 12-Piece Ginsu Knife Set. According to Consumer Reports, in 2011 cooking knives were the #1 wedding gift, so if you’re looking for a sure hit with the bride and groom, this set might be the perfect choice. $84 on amazon.com.
- Engraved Chopsticks for Two ($45 on amazon.com). Talk about unique! Most couples register for flatware, but chopsticks? You’ll definitely get high marks for thoughtfulness and creativity. Depending on your budget, why not add a gift certificate for local Chinese take-out, or a wok for healthy home-cooked meals?
- Stemless Wineglasses ($20 for a set of 8 on crateandbarrel.com). Especially perfect for warm-weather brides and grooms, who may be entertaining outside, where stemless is a must-have. Stemless glasses are right on trend; they look great and are easy to hold.
- Create-a-Crock Slow Cooker from Crock Pot ($50). Are you kidding me? You can now create your own customized Crock Pot online. You can pick your pattern (9 available to choose from), upload 2 of your own photos, and 3-4 weeks later, you have your custom crock! Why not select photos of the newlyweds, and if budget permits, add a Crock Pot cookbook like Slow Cooker Revolution by The Editors at America’s Test Kitchens.
- While we’re on the subject of personalized gifts, no one does personalized quite like Hadley, and our Bride and Groom plate has been a favorite gift for generations. Every plate is hand made and hand painted to your specifications, and in May, 2012, all 3 wedding and anniversary plate designs are on sale. Regularly $100, this month you can purchase these beautiful 11″ plates for only $80 each. It’s a great opportunity to stock up for all of your Summer and Fall weddings!
Are you attending any weddings this Summer? If so, what will you be giving? What was your most memorable wedding gift?
Is there anything more pleasantly surprising than going to the mail box expecting bills, solicitations, and maybe (if you’re lucky) a catalog from a company you like, and finding a handwritten note? We think not. And if that note is a thank you for a kindness or gift, no matter how small, it can make your day or your week.
Haven’t gotten any gifts lately? Well, try these 10 reasons to send a thank you note on for size:
- Your best girlfriend takes the time to talk with you about an issue that’s been on your mind
- A co-worker (or group of them) organizes a celebration for your birthday, promotion, retirement, or accomplishment
- A friend from another city shows you around when you’re in town, or takes her lunch break to meet you for lunch, or invites you for a glass of wine or dinner at her home
- Another couple invites you to a dinner party
- A neighbor brings you something yummy from his garden
- Friends take you to the theater or a sporting event, or even give you their tickets when they can’t go
- A friend or colleague introduces you to a potential client, employer, or someone who might be able to help you in your career
- A service provider or small business owner creates an exceptional customer service experience for you
- A family member hosted the latest family holiday celebration in her home
- Someone dear to you goes out of his or her way to say something kind or complementary to you and makes your day
Do you have any other suggestions for when to send a thank you? Have you sent one recently? Tell us about it by posting a comment below…we’d love to hear from you!
If you’re looking for the perfect vehicle for your thank you note, look no further than hadleypottery.com, where you’ll find 2 brand new sets of Hadley Design Note Cards now available online. Choose from our Country Note Card Set (one each of the Hadley Chicken Cow, Horse, House, Lamb, and Pig cards) or Coastal Note Card Set (one each of our Beach Umbrella, Clipper Ship, Crab, Lighthouse, Lobster, Whale cards). Both 6-card sets are Hadley’s Item of the Month for May, and are on sale for only $8/set all month.
PLUS, for every note card set you purchase online in May, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win one of 3 copies of the beautiful hardcover book: The Art of the Handwritten Note: A Guide to Reclaiming Civilized Communication, by Margaret Shepherd.This book is part tribute and part rescue manual for those who love to write notes and those of us who wish we wrote more. Full of helpful hints for writing notes to capture the emotion of any occasion, The Art of the Handwritten Note might just provide the inspiration you need to form a new note-writing habit.
Be sure to take advantage of both the savings and the chance to win this great book in May!
It’s May! The official start of the wedding season, which means that lots of us also have wedding anniversaries over the next few months. If you’ll be celebrating with your one true love, be sure to check out our Happy Anniversary! Pinterest Board for gift and celebration ideas (you can check out all of Hadley’s Pinterest Boards while you’re there). Here are just a few Pinterest-inspired anniversary ideas.
We love this Etsy find…the Truly Madly Deeply Pillow Cover ($32) from Besty Jarvis Handmade. She’s in the UK, but will ship to the US for only $5.20. Great gift idea!
Give the gift of time…your time! This date-a-month basket idea came from Find Joy in the Journey blog. Plan affordable, unique, outside-the-envelope date nights to ensure you connect all year (and remember why you got married in the first place!).
Wow! Another Etsy find, this 11 x 14 Custom Family Tree ($50, frame not included) from Lesley Grace Designs is printed on luster photo paper with high-quality archival pigment inks, and can include several generations. If you have a smaller family, you can include birth dates to fill out the tree.
While we’re on the subject of handmade, if you love Hadley Pottery, a Personalized Hadley Anniversary Plate is always a great choice. In May, it gets even better; all three designs of the 11″ plates are discounted 20% to only $80. All Hadley stoneware is made and painted by hand in Louisville, KY.
Finally, what couple wouldn’t love to rest their heads on these heart-warming pillow cases, designed by one of our favorite bloggers, Lemonade Makin’ Mama. So simple and elegant!
Do you have a Summer anniversary? Tell us how many years and what you have planned by leaving a comment below!